Our Favorite Releases of 2017 December 07 2017
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Stranded.
In wrapping up 2017, we reflect back on some of our favorite new and old releases that came out this year. Highlights includes the posthumous, final album by Alan Vega, a reissue of Midori Takada's entrancing, first solo album and Sublime Frequencies' incredible Ocora book.
Check them all out right here. Keep listening!
Favorite New Records
- Alan Vega - It 2xLP (Fader)
- Sarah Davachi - All My Circles Run LP (Students Of Decay)
- Ellen Arkbro - For Organ And Brass LP (Subtext)
- Bill Orcutt - s/t LP (Palilalia)
- Felicia Atkinson - Hand In Hand 2xLP (Shelter Press)
- Seaford Mods - English Tapas LP (Rough Trade)
- Joshua Abrams & Natural Information Society - Simultonality LP (Eremite)
- Circuit des Yeux - Reaching For Indigo LP (Drag City)
- Slowdive - s/t LP (Dead Oceans)
- F Ingers - Awkwardly Blissing Out LP (Blackest Ever Black)
- Midori Takada - Through The Looking Glass LP (WRWTFWW)
- Ragnar Grippe - Sand LP (Dais)
- Giusto Pio - Motore Immobile LP (Soave)
- Various - Tokyo Flashback 2xLP (Black Editions)
- The Khan Jamal Creative Arts Ensemble - Drum Dance to the Motherland LP (Eremite)
- Emahoy Tsegue-Mariam Guebru - s/t LP (Mississippi)
- Husker Du - Savage Young Du 4xLP (Numero Group)
- Kleenex / Liliput - First Songs 2xLP (Kill Rock Stars/Mississippi)
- Gruppo Di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza - Azioni / Reazioni 5xLP+DVD (Die Schachtel)
- Steve Roach - Structures From Silence LP (Telephone Explosion)
Disques Ocora was a French label dedicated to folkloric culture from around the world. Started in the late '50s by musicologist Charles Duvelle, Ocora has a massive legacy for pioneering field recordings and photography. Sadly, M. Duvelle passed last week in Paris. May he rest in peace.